The session-only Policy Analyst is responsible for being a comprehensive source on the status of all legislation. We are seeking a public policy-loving individual with a strong eye for detail and the ability to work well under pressure.
- Monitor Senate committee hearings and Senate floor proceedings
- Read all legislation and provide concise, but thorough analysis of each bill
- Track the progress of legislation, including amendments to bills, changes in sponsorship, etc.
- Compile detailed daily reports on the status of legislation
- Familiarity with the Colorado legislative process and recent legislation
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Google Drive
- Strong reading comprehension and writing skills
- Must be adaptable in a constantly changing environment
- Must be able to work in an organized manner, with the ability to handle multiple assignments concurrently and with punctuality
- Must have the ability to collaborate, problem solve, and work on a team, while also taking individual responsibility to complete assignments
- The individual in this position will maintain professionalism with every person they work with, including non-partisan staff, legislators and staff of the House and Senate Majority offices, constituents, and lobbyists
- Due to the nature of the Legislature, the demands of the workday often exceed 8 hours/day
- Prior analysis experience preferred
- Full time, session only
- Eligible for health, dental, and life insurance benefits
- Please send your resume, cover letter, and salary request to Jason.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Wednesday November 27th, 2019 at 6:00pm. Application materials received after this time will not be considered.