Aides and Interns
The Colorado legislative session runs from early January through mid-May annually. Colorado Senate Republicans are in need of legislative aides and volunteer interns to work at the State Capitol during and leading up to the 2020 session.
Legislative aides work directly assisting a senator at the Capitol, traditionally between 20-40 hours per week depending on the legislator’s needs and preferences. Volunteer interns have very flexible hours, and time served may be eligible for community service requirements. For more information please contact Keri Ebel at email@example.com or 303-866-2638.
- Reception and email/phone communications with constituents
- Scheduling of events and constituent/lobbyist meetings
- Taking notes during committee hearings
- Provide research on policy issues and legislation
- General office work
- Efficient and organized
- Comfortable with frequent change and shifting responsibilities in a multi-functional role
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential situations and documentation
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and oral
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and Google Docs
- Please send your resume, cover letter, and a writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org