Senator Beth Martinez Humenik represents Colorado Senate District 24 in Adams County.
The Senator is a fourth generation Coloradan who grew up primarily in Fort Collins. She is a former proprietary college Adjunct Instructor and K-12 substitute educator with a long history of educators in her family as well as industry experience in a variety of other fields. She received both a Bachelor and Master of Science degrees from Colorado State University.
Senator Martinez Humenik is a dedicated leader, who listens, is thoughtful and is a strong advocate for District 24 as well as for all citizens in Colorado. She has lived in the City of Thornton since 1997 where she served as a Municipal leader from 2007-2014.
She works diligently on healthcare reform options as well as affordable access for all Coloradans, transportation issues currently facing our state, education opportunities for our children’s success. She serves the residents in SD24 with honor, honesty and integrity.
Senator Martinez Humenik is actively involved with municipal leaders, the business community, non-profits and residents in Thornton, Northglenn and Westminster, the three cities represented in Senate District 24. She is also engaged with the Adams County Commissioners, State Offices/Agencies, Federal Offices/Agencies, other State Legislators and the Colorado Congressional Delegation in Washington, DC.
In addition to her positions on Senate Committees of Reference, Senator Martinez Humenik also dedicates herself to the following:
- Joint Technology Committee, 2015 Vice Chair
- The Health Exchange Legislative Oversight Committee, Senate Member
- Mental Illness in the Juvenile and Criminal Justice System, Vice Chair & 2015 Chair
- Cancer Cardiovascular & Pulmonary Disease Grants Oversight Committee, Senate Member
- Health Equity Amendment 35 Grants Oversight Commission, Senate Commissioner
- Cancer Caucus, Co-Chair
- Council of State Governments West - Health and Human Services Policy Committee & CSG West Canada Relations Policy Committee (2015-2016)
- Early Childhood School Readiness Legislative Oversight Committee, Vice Chair
& 2015 Chair
- National Conference of State Legislators, Health and Human Services Policy Committee
- National Association of Latino Elected and Appointed Officials, Member
- National Hispanic Caucus of State Legislators, Executive Committee Member
- Women in Government, State Director
Contact Senator Beth Martinez Humenik:
Phone: (303) 866-4863