Job posting: Policy Analyst
The Policy Analyst is responsible for tracking and providing concise, factual, and timely information on legislation moving through the Senate. We are seeking an energetic, proactive, quick thinking individual who is a problem solver and has strong attention to detail.
• Track the progress of legislation as it moves through the Senate
• Follow Senate committees and floor proceedings and report on activity to legislators and Senate Republican Staff
• Provide detailed research on policy issues and legislation
• Work collaboratively with the Chief of Staff, Policy team, and other Majority Office staffers
• Efficient and organized, ability to meet all deadlines
• Comfortable with frequent change and shifting responsibilities in a multi-functional role
• Ability to handle sensitive and confidential situations and documentation
• Outstanding communication skills, both written and oral
• Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel
• Familiarity with the legislative process and recent legislation
• Prior analysis experience preferred
• Full time
• Session Only
• Please send your resume and salary request to email@example.com
• Applicants must provide at least three writing samples.
• Monday, November 28, 2016 at 6:00 p.m. Resumes received after this will not be considered.